Sunday, September 30, 2012

Art Room Jobs

We are enjoying our art room jobs this year. After thinking about the daily jobs that we do in the art room, I listed the six most frequent tasks. Last year I had a "helper table" that helped with everything that day. This year, I am giving each table a job to do each week. The color for each job stays the same for the entire week for all of my classes to make it manageable. If we are not painting, the table that would handle washing the brushes does "quality control". Otherwise, my job is quality controller. 
So far, the kids seem excited for all of the jobs and are taking pride in them.

5 comments:

  1. Hi!! I was trying to post the fish gadget to my blog, but I do not know how. Can you help me? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a beautiful room! Can you tell me more about how your noise monitors work? That is always an issue in the art room.
    Thanks,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      Go to Layout--> add adget--> more gadgets---> scroll down to fish
      Save settings.
      Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Janice, Thank you! The noise monitors were in full effect last year. We discuss appropriate noise levels. If the noise monitor table decides that it's too noisy, one of them gets up, turns off the lights for a long pause, and the class gets the point. If the noise monitors are the ones making noise, they lose their job.
      I am always a default noise monitor.

      Delete
  3. I am a third year elementary & middle school art teacher; I do assign jobs & the kids love it, but I have not been doing the noise monitor one. Definitely a great one to add, as the noise level is always an issue. I have always done the monitoring myself & do use the light trick. You have some sort of "noise chart" that you use, as well? I notice your board says the noise monitors 'change the chart', so I wondered what that might look like. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete