Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Making Mosaic Murals with Isaiah Zagar

Zagar using up leftover grout
This past weekend I spent two full days in Philadelphia creating a mosaic mural on Montrose St. with mosaic master Isaiah Zagar and roughly a dozen others. The experience was incredible. We started a mural from scratch in a parking lot that needed beautification. By 4pm on Sunday afternoon, we had completed our mural and were back at his warehouse saying goodbyes. Zagar is such a kind and inspiring artist. His two studios are incredible and he is one of the most prolific artists I've met. I will post again about my experience once I've had more time to reflect. Here are some pictures:



Such a great team
grouting the lower portion...my back hurts



my shoes and grout bucket :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment