Thursday, December 17, 2015

Kindergarten: Cardinals

Way to go kindergarten! For this project, we had a nice time creating a winter scene with birch trees and cardinals.
As you may know from years past, I love both. Actually, I have to keep track of when we do birch landscapes so as not to repeat the theme. Traditionally we do cardinals in grade 2 and I've done birch landscapes in 1st and 4th grades. 

This lesson was relatively simple and I owe thanks to Pinterest for the idea of these simple shape cardinals. 
After creating the backgrounds, we identified circles, semi-circles and triangles. My little artists cut and combined shapes to create their birds and then glued them down. 

Snowflakes were added with Q-tips and white paint with mixing medium. Hopefully you stop by the school to see these beauties in the hallway!







No comments:

Post a Comment