Thursday, November 14, 2013

Grade 5: Silhouette Trees

It has been a few years since I've done this project and I forgot how much I enjoy it and similarly the kids did as well.
We discussed silhouettes and a variety of color schemes before my kids figured out a way to create a colorful background for themselves that was just right. The trickiest part of this lesson is the x-acto knife safety training which was needed to cut the intricate negative spaces out from the black construction paper. Oil pastels were used to create a "hypercolor" effect based on a t-shirt that was popular in the 80's when I was a 5th grader. We finished these last month which was neat because many of them convey a spooky feeling....


Student working hard using bold colors with a cool color scheme


Nice job Kira!

Awesome Aubrey! 





No comments:

Post a Comment