Saturday, April 14, 2012

Grade 3: Pastel Vases

I try not to repeat lessons with much frequency from year to year as there is no need. There are a million and one ways to teach the same concepts and explore materials.
This pastel vase with painted flowers lesson is one that I will never tire of. This is the 2nd spring that we have created these vases and I believe they will be a 3rd grade spring staple. The kids love 'em, I love 'em and families love them as well. I wish I could take credit for designing this lesson but the honor goes to Linda Bradshaw who retired last year from HES.
Chalk pastel blending techniques
We will finish these up next week and I will send them home for kids to give to someone special around Mother's Day.
A finished vase

Finished vase
We took a look at vases sitting on a table by Van Gogh to understand where to begin drawing so that the vase actually sits on the table.



No comments:

Post a Comment