Friday, February 17, 2012

Doodle 4 Google: 2012

Doodle 4 Google is the one contest that I am crazy about.
This year's theme is: "If I could travel in time, I'd visit..."

My daughter and I just started brainstorming for the idea that she is going to illustrate. It's exciting for her and she's enjoying playing around with the logo and her drawings.

Of course, my dream is to see my daughter and my students make it all the way to the finals and to have the nation vote for the winner.

This contest has incredible prizes but just as importantly, it presents each student who participates an opportunity to illustrate an idea around the Google logo which is a great challenge.
Check out past winners here --> http://www.google.com/doodle4google/winners_state.html#4

Here are the winners that have been chosen as the National Winners since the contest started in the United States back in 2008

2011 Winner: 2nd Grader
2010 Winner: 3rd Grader
2009 Winner: 6th Grader
2008 Winner: 6th Grader, too
I am sworn to complete secrecy the ideas that my daughter and students are thinking up. I'll tell you this, they are GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment