Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I hope that this year is a wonderful one for all of you. Thank you for checking in to read Art Rocks! and being my audience as I chart all sorts of "art stuff". 
I am striving this year to explore art by locals and that is off the beaten path. While taking a walk in Upper Montclair before Christmas, I happened to take a short-cut and came across this beautiful mural. After doing a quick Google search, I found out that this mural was created over a year ago by students at Montclair State University. I am in Montclair quite frequently but never knew anything about this hidden treasure!

Seeing this mural made my day, just as this special holiday card made my day as the winter break started a couple weeks ago.

I am always happy to see children write "Art is the Best" and "Art Rocks!" and "Art is Cool" and "I Love Art". I don't think that I am patting myself on the back to say that my students write these phrases a whole lot because Art, independent of me, is all of those things.... and art is in every single child. It's truly in every person but buried deep in some.
I love my students a ton. In 2014, I look forward to continuing our journey exploring what they can create. I am excited to see their excitement as they realize again and again how talented they each are.



No comments:

Post a Comment